ConnectUPS Web/SNMP Cards enable you to monitor and control remote UPSs from web browsers or industry standard network management systems. The ConnectUPS product family, compatible with 1000-6000 VA Avaya Online UPSs, allows you to monitor and control remote UPSs and offers a broad range of networking-enhancing features. ConnectUPS cards which insert into the slot on the back of your Avaya UPS, support real-time web and SNMP(Simple Network Management Protocol) communication over 10/100BaseT Ethernet connections and serve as a power-protected switching hub to support three additional 10/100BaseT links.
ConnectUPS Family of Ethernet Networking
ConnectUPS Web/SNMP devices allow you to connect your Powerware UPS directly to the Ethernet network and the Internet. This unique solution allows you to conveniently monitor and manage your UPS with a standard Web browser, while simultaneously providing graceful shutdown for multiple computer systems over the network.
ConnectUPS Web/SNMP devices are offered in three models:
- X-model for UPSs with X-slots. This model also integrates a 3-port switching hub to support multiple PCs or networking equipment
- BD-model for UPS with BD-slot
- E-model provides real-time capabilities in an external device designed for Powerware 9150 and 9305 UPSs
HTTP, SNMP, SMTP, WAP, Telnet, SSL, SSH compatibility and a console port enable dynamic and versatile support for a large variety of system configurations.
Features and Benefits
- Easy monitoring and management of your UPS using either a standard Web browser or third-party network management software, or through Powerware LanSafe software
- Remote control and rebooting of UPS-protected devices over the network
- Protection of your information through automatic and graceful shutdown of multiple UPS-protected devices during an extended power failure using NetWatch software
- Real-time email alarm notification with built-in email capability
- Support for standard UPS MIB and Powerware MIB to provide added functionality
- Ability to turn a UPS into 3-port, power-protected switching hub with the X-models card
- SSL and SSH data encryption and authentication
- Web pages served automatically in correct local language
- Downloadable local language supplements